India’s first iron plough from the Kirloskar Group not only became an instrument of wealth for an entire society but also started a revolution in India. In 1910, Laxmanrao started his ‘Farm Implements Factory’ in an arid waste land by the side of a renowned railway station, named Kundal Road. The station is now called as Kirloskarwadi. At Kirloskarwadi, Laxmanrao realized yet another of his dreams of building his own industry and a community for his employees. He strongly believed in the theory of creation of wealth. After Laxmanrao, his enterprising son, a global thinker, Mr. S.L. Kirloskar took over the mantle of the Kirloskar group. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Mr. S. L. Kirloskar was among the batch of first Indians to graduate from MIT.Even during the pre-independence era, he firmly believed in the potential of his own country and always looked at it as a part of the rest of the world; he worked towards making India globally competitive. After the end of World War II, the group grew rapidly under his leadership